Overview: Margaret, creative communications agency based in London Fields is looking for an experienced Account Director to run the busy PR and social media team.Covering a maternity leave, the role is 3 or 4 days a week from August 2015 – September 2016. Salary based on experience. Please send CVs to email@example.com asap
Brand PR Director Job Description
About the role
The role varies from senior level strategic client consultation, PR and events ideation, fee and business forecasting, pitching for new business with the founding members to mentoring and training junior members on how to write press releases and Global PR toolkits, to selling in to UK media for specific PR projects.
A dynamic, creative mind and a passion for /knowledge of new trends in the food & drink, cultural scene in the UK and the rest of world is desired as is experience of the latest social media trends. We are looking for someone with experience and knowledge of lifestyle brand activity across events, PR and social media.
The brand team consists of five members ranging from an intern to Senior Account Manager. Clients include; Global PR for the William Grant Innovation team (Reyka vodka, Hudson Whiskey, Girvan Patent Still whisky, Milagro tequila, Ancient Reserves whisky), Reyka UK, Reyka content, T2 tea, Amy’s Kitchen, Saltwater sandals, morelondon as well as shorter term PR amplification campaigns for new bars and restaurants. We also have a cultural PR department so some contracts and campaigns may involve some crossover with their team as well as close working with the Cultural PR Director.
As a small agency, the role is very varied with the main focus being to lead, manage and motivate the brand team to ensure it runs successfully and profitably to agreed client KPIs. The role will report directly into the three Margaret founders.
Margaret is a small, creative communications agency with specialist knowledge of the cultural and media landscapes. We use this along with our creative contacts and influential networks to engage our clients with the right audiences. Benefits of working at Margaret include 20 days holiday (pro rata), Christmas break, quarterly cultural afternoons, personal development programmes and internal and externally led training.
The role in more detail
We are looking for someone with the following experience
Over 5 years experience of running a PR team within an agency environment
Ability to lead and motivate teams autonomously
· Client counsel and gravitas across all forms of communication
· Forward thinking, ideas driven
· Experience working with food & drink and/or lifestyle brands
· Experience working on a global PR account – global communications strategy, drafting global PR plans and toolkits for markets
A strong understanding of media landscape and what works for specific sectors
· Great writing skills; presentations, press releases, copy
· Great negotiation skills with clients and suppliers
· New business pitching
· Financial control and reporting
· Experienced working as part of an interagency team- advertising and social media agencies
· Developing and managing staff to ensure efficient and profitable use of resources, high productivity and good staff satisfaction levels